MAKING A DIFFERENCE
Breastfeeding is a natural and amazing thing that mothers do to feed and nourish their babies. As a company, we are dedicated to transforming the way in which breastfeeding culture is perceived. Our mission is to lower the barriers by providing easier access to infrastructure and resources for mamas who are on-the-go or returning to work.
Through collaborative efforts, we hope that no mamas will ever have to worry about finding a space or pumping/breastfeeding in the bathroom or car again. With appropriate environmental and community support, we can help mothers carry out their maternal duties more easily and give our future generation a good head start.
BY MUMS FOR MUMS
Go!Mama pods are designed to be human centered, solely dedicated for lactation purposes, by mums for mums. Pairing with the Go!Mama App, mothers can now do wayfinding, occupancy checks and autonomous entry into our pods. Go!Mama pods offer to provide a clean, private, and safe environment for mothers to breastfeed or express milk whenever and wherever needed.
BREAKING DOWN THE NUMBERS
According to studies undertaken by the Singaporean government, 99% of women attempts breastfeeding. Unfortunately, due to various factors including the difficulty of feeding in public, work commitments and a lack of space and support for breastfeeding in the workplace, only 42% of these mothers are still breastfeeding at the sixth month mark. 14% of mothers stated that they would have breastfed for longer if the “facilities at the workplace were more conducive for breastfeeding or expressing breast milk”.
Few good reasons to breastfeed
- Breastfeeding is a natural and beautiful process through which mothers nourish and bond with their babies.
- Breastfeeding will help achieve optimal infant health and development.
- Breastmilk contains important antibodies that pass from mothers’ milk to the baby.
- Breastfeeding burns extra calories and help mothers with post-partum weight loss.
- Breastfeeding is free. (well, mostly if you minus the pump and the extra hours spent at night pumping!)
- Breastfed babies are more capable to self-regulate their food intake. They know when they are full and don’t need any more.